Ta`Pinu Church, Gozo
Historical Places, Victoria - Gozo
Magnificent Ta`Pinu church is located in small village Gharb in Gozo island and it is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin of Ta' Pinu. It became famous site for pilgrimages, because it keeps the records of alleged miracles, that happened around the church in the past. Basilica was first recorded in 1575, in the archives of the Curia in Gozo, when it belonged to the family "The Gentile". Later on, it was reconstructed in neo-romantic style, with the steeple 61m high. It is located on the edge of a cliff, 700m from the Gharb village, in open countryside which allows visitors to enjoy beautiful views of the area. Pope John Paul II visited the shrine in 1990, where he celebrated mass there.
Photo shooting site